Ellen Nastir is a certified professional coach with advanced training in Organization and Relationship Systems Coaching and Positive Psychology. She has her bachelor’s degree in education from the University of Florida and a master’s degree in education from the University of North Florida. From her early days teaching hearing-impaired children to her current work in training and development, the common thread remains … communication and education.
Follow the thread of her professional development:
- Teaching hearing-impaired children from birth through elementary school and also implementing and organizing educational workshops, training and seminars for their parents
- Opening Tampa’s first bagel shop and other entrepreneurial ventures
- Working in promotional sales and achieving salesperson of the year nine times
- Instructing within companies so its employees understand personalities via the PeopleMap™ System as well as training the trainers
- Creating and facilitating seminars, workshops and retreats
- Speaking and presenting for organizations and associations
- Co-authoring When Divorce Crosses Your Mind … What You Need to Know
- Coaching MBA candidates pro-bono at the University of Tampa’s Leadership Coaching Program
Her success in these endeavors makes her a natural for coaching both individuals and businesses. Ellen focuses on the people side of professional performance within the corporate structure. She easily connects with her audience, and her speaking engagements are known to be thought-provoking, interactive and FUN!
Ellen is a member of the International Coach Federation and the Community for Applied Positive Psychology. She is a member of the board of the Florida chapter of the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation (CCFA), as well as a founding member of the CCFA Tampa Bay Leadership Council and co-facilitator of the parent support group. She is a past board member of the Ophelia Project and the Boys Initiative and Tampa Jewish Family Services.
On the personal side: Ellen is married, mother of two “post baccalaureates,” bonus mom of one in college, and LOVES the joy that each of those roles provide her. In her spare time (what little there is!), she enjoys spending time with family and friends, walking, biking, traveling, theatre and reading.
A poem written for and about Ellen … Abundant Splendor